Online cricket betting on apps is quickly gaining popularity, with sports lovers diving into the activity. Betting on cricket games has never been so much fun, thanks to the Internet and the arrival of digital devices. Whether you like gaming with an iPhone, smartphone, tablet, iPad, or laptop, you can find
cricket betting apps. Download them, and enjoy staking money on teams and players.
An interesting development is that super fast 5G internet speeds and technology have enabled more types of betting options than before. And the most exciting is the prospect of in-play or live betting. This type of wagering allows you to pick up odds while the match is in progress and bet on a specific outcome. Like, say, the maximum number of runs in the next over or the total number of runs scored before the next wicket falls. So, what are the other types of odds available on gaming apps? Read ahead to find out.
Types of Live Betting Options
Live betting can be of different types and provide more edge-of-the-seat thrills than any conventional wagering. Here’s a quick look:
- Total number of runs above or below: This bet is about guessing the total number of runs that will be scored above or below a certain number. Typically, these odds were offered by traditional bookies before the start of the game. However, the internet and online betting have enabled users to bet on these odds during live play.
- Dismissal method: Cricket dismissals can be of different types, like stumped, bowled, caught, run out, Leg Before Wicket (LBW), or any other. As soon as the batter steps on the crease, you can wager on the most likely method of his dismissal.
- Runs per delivery: This bet is simple and basically about the maximum number of runs the batsman will score off the next ball. This wager is also called “Runs Off Next Ball,” and fans can select ball by ball odds.
- Total number of runs scored by the batsman: Just as the batsman approaches the crease, you can bet on the total number of runs he is likely to score. For that, bookies select a number and allow you to select above or below odds.
Tips for Winning Live Cricket Betting Odds
Since live or in-play betting is a relatively new concept, you might want to approach it with caution. Expert bettors tend to leverage several strategies for winning their wagers. Of course, newbies are advised to start small with low amounts and raise the stakes as they understand how it works. Also, remember that online cricket betting on apps is not about making money. It’s just entertainment.
- Moneyline bets are best placed once the match begins. You have a better chance of winning the wager by watching how the game is progressing than if you wager before it starts. See how the initial overs play out and then make a winning bet.
- Watching the odds changing on the app is a great move. But experts strongly recommend that you watch the game personally, either in the stadium or on TV. You will have a better handle on the shifting odds and wager on them quickly.
- Consider catching the game live streaming on the app. You can watch on the go while placing bets, switching easily between the two screens.
- If you can’t watch the game, make sure to keep a close watch on the bookie’s scoreboard in the app. You can follow the updated scores in real-time and adjust your best accordingly.
- Don’t be afraid to change your wagers quickly. If you think you bet on the wrong team, place a fresh wager on the winning team to even out the possible losses.
Use the Right Devices for Live Betting
Get your hardware and software in place before diving into in-play online cricket betting.
- If you really want to try your hand at live online cricket betting on apps, make sure you have a fast and reliable internet connection. Charge your devices well in advance and take a break from other activities. Focus your entire attention on the match.
- Live betting is best done on a bigger screen, like a desktop. That will enable you to monitor multiple screens, like watching the game and the bookmaker odds as they change. Smaller mobile screens need you to keep switching between tabs, and you could miss critical game plays like a sixer or a catch-out.
- Shop around for the best cricket betting apps and pick the one with the best in-play features.
- Conserve RAM when wagering on live games. Close all open browser tabs you don’t need right away for the match.
We reiterate. Online cricket betting on apps is always about entertainment. But use these tips to maximize your fun and enthusiasm for the game.